Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm Spelling Impaired

I'm a terrible speller, and I really want to be a good one. I have always wanted to be great at spelling...especially since my best friend in third grade, Tracy Geers, won the district spelling bee. My sister Sue got second place in the fifth grade division. I also love the movie Akeelah and the Bee. Sometimes I even feel I can channel Akeelah and imagine myself as an extraordinary speller.
I think there is something inherent about being a good speller, either you got it or you don't. I guess I'll have to make up for that shortcoming in other ways...perhaps with being an extraordinary baker?
(Notably I only had one misspelled word in my first draft. Not bad for me.)

2 comments:

jeepmama said...

maybe it's a band geek thing...LOL!!

I think you make up for it in your martini skills, personally!

Jane Elizabeth said...

thank you so much! that is such a nice thing to say :)