Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Holiday Craziness

As I begin, (yes, begin...we were traveling over Thanksgiving therefore I am now just BEGINNING) my holiday shopping, I wonder how it will all get done. I also wonder when the stress will really kick in. So far, I've only ordered stuff online. I'm already a little overwhelmed and I haven't physically gone anywhere to shop yet.
Each year I take on too much...too much shopping, baking, decorating, preparing and socializing. It's my way, as I love this time of year and I value our family traditions. I also love sharing this time with family and friends.

The desire to make it all happens stems from many things, not the least of which was the year my daughter didn't get what she wanted for Christmas. I can still recall the disappointment in her voice, and it has been YEARS. Painful, it was. She got the item the next year, but I'm still reeling from the incident.

I'm sure other parents out there feel the same pressure, especially in a financial crunch time. I guess we need to focus on the spirit of the season, not the craziness that goes with it. Despite that, I'll still end up making at least 14 batches of spritz cookies. My family and friends will undoubtedly be happy ;)

No comments: