Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving Traditions


Thanksgiving for me always means family, friends, cooking, cold weather and lots of food. A not-so-common tradition that began with my sister is to eat cold pumpkin pie the morning after Thanksgiving for breakfast. Even if it sounds strange, it is truly delicious.

For the first time this year, I celebrated Thanksgiving while on vacation in a hotel. I have never even had Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant, much less at a hotel in a tropical climate. I worried about this for quite some time and even thought I'd have to cook a full-on Thanksgiving dinner upon my return home. I have to say, though, once we were seated oceanside and I ordered a maitai, I was OK with it. Really, I was.

The other day I happened to make pumpkin pie sans the crust. I got home from my run this morning and was looking for breakfast. I suddenly remembered my strange tradition and had the tastiest breakfast. Yum. For those who doubt, don't knock it until you try it!

No comments: