Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SANDWHICH

Today I had the pleasure of lunching with my friend and former next door neighbor, Margaret. She suggested we go to SANDWHICH, a restaurant in downtown Chapel Hill I've always wanted to try.
Obviously, they serve sandwiches, homemade on homemade breads. They have such sandies as: chicken with pesto on foccacia; sweet potato with prosciutto, collard greens and goat cheese; and Niman ranch pork with mustard gravy and caramelized onions amongst others. All ingredients are fresh with free range meats and organic veggies.
I ordered the 1/2 sandwich (chicken salad) and soup (a wonderful pea soup-don't gasp, I LOVE pea soup). It was served with some marinated carrots, homemade potato chips, a drink and a large chocolate chip cookie. Everything was delicious.
The best part of this local treasure is the people, the owner carried our trays and helped us find a place to sit in a very full restaurant. Lovely. Hope you can visit soon.

No comments: