Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Eve

I've always thought that New Year's Eve was a bit overrated. Don't get me wrong, I've had some really nice New Year's (including this year) but on the whole, not a huge holiday for me.

There was one, many, many years ago (before I met my husband) which was shaping up to be quite interesting. The interesting factor ended quite abruptly with the consumption of too much champagne. I learned my lesson. No champagne this year at all.

One of my BEST New Year's was at my friend's house when we lived in California. We had a seafood extravaganza in her beautiful home. It was a really lovely evening with good food, friends and merriment.

It seems, though, that as we were watching the Tar Heels play last night right until just after the clock struck midnight, our great evening could have been on any date, not just December 31st. I guess it just goes to show you that good food, drink and great friends can happen any day of the year. We don't need no stinkin' holiday for that.

No comments: