Sunday, October 26, 2008

Old Friends

Dan & Terri
Greg & Sarah

Colleen

Over the last week or so I have had the distinct pleasure of seeing several old friends. I always feel lucky to see one old friend, but 5 or 6 in just over a week is extraordinary.
First, I got to see Colleen. I've known Colleen since about 1992, well since 1996. Our kids are 2 days apart and we are often (luckily for me) mistaken for sisters.
When we were in Santa Cruz, I got to see Judi, my old boss, mentor and friend. She graciously let us stay in her wonderful beach house. I've know Judi since 1993.
This past weekend back in North Carolina, our great friends Terri & Dan returned for a visit. We met them as we were building our first house in Chapel Hill, way back in 1999. They moved almost a year ago back to Iowa and we miss them terribly, this is their first time back.
I recently reconnected with an old high school friend, Lisa. Although I didn't get to see her, I had a nice long computer chat with her last night. Great to catch up, especially when you're still on West Coast time!
To top it off, one of my graduate school friends came through town this weekend. I've known Greg (aka Chewy for his large stature and formerly longish hair) for almost 20 years (wow). He lives in Canada and was passing through town with his lovely wife Sarah. It was great to see Chewy, haven't seen him in more than 6 years.
I'm thankful that these great folks take time out of their travel schedules to see us...we're lucky. Very lucky indeed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jane,

great to see you and Al again as well. Hopefully the next time won't be another 10 or 15 years again!!

-greg