Monday, September 29, 2008

Irrational Fears?

We all have our fears in life. Snakes, spiders, heights, and falling to name a few. One of my fears seems a bit strange to most.

Birds. They scare me. Their scaley claws, sharp beaks, mocking attitude and their general lack of warm n fuzziness just don't appeal to me.

Truth be told, I was forced to watch Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds as a young child (by my mother who passed on her irrational fear of birds to her youngest daughter). Despite the profound effect it had on my psyche, I still think it is one of the best scary movies ever made.

This photo was taken in Hawaii at a meeting. One of the exhibitors had a booth full of large birds that attendess could be photographed with. Me personally...well...I took 10 steps back took several shots and left to go check out the shoes...much more in my comfort zone.

4 comments:

Donnie Barnes said...

First comment on Jane's blog! Woot!

You should have also mentioned your bat attack story. :-)

Jane Elizabeth said...

oh, that's a whole different blog entry, because bats are not birds...
thanks for the idea, tho

Lis said...

Hey Jane! How fun that you blog now. I am totally 100% with you about thinking birds are super scary up close, and I've never even seen "The Birds." I can't bring myself to do it.

Jane Elizabeth said...

omg, you HAVE to see that movie. Truly amazing and yes, scary, but you won't have nightmares, I promise ;)