Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Jerry Brown...or shall I say Scary Brown?



In this recent article, I discovered that former California Governor Jerry Brown is actually running for Governor of California again. Interesting.

As you might know, Brown has an odd history with politics...he dated Linda Ronstadt while he was the Governor, and was actually called "Gov. Moonbeam". He ran for President 3 times. The last time, in 1992, he was famous for having a 1-800 number for fundraising. Very unconventional at the time.
What you may not know, is I have had a personal run-in with the former Governor. In early 1993, my friend Becky and I were eating in a small cafe in San Francisco. I noticed Brown sitting in the corner with a somewhat skanky looking blond woman. I nudged my friend, who couldn't quite place him ("is that a famous podiatrist?"). We happily went on eating our gourmet sandwiches until a while later someone stepped on my foot. I looked up and low and behold, it was Jerry Brown. Stepping on my foot. You know what he said? Instead of "Excuse me" or "I'm so sorry" or even "Pardon me" he said "Oh, sorry, well, how could I not step on your foot... it's so big!"

Stunned. Flabbergasted. Shocked. Speechless. I'm not a big fan of Arnold, but given the choice (which I am not) I would certainly not vote for the 72 year old Moonbeam-foot stepper-insulter for Governor. I just don't think anyone that socially inept should be hold office.

In case you are wondering, yes, I have big feet, but they were only a size 10 (at the time). Now they are a tiny bit bigger....

1 comment:

Donnie Barnes said...

Strangely, the only comment I have on this is "anyone that socially inept should be hold office"???